Back to Careers
Associate Wealth Advisor
Covenant was founded, built and structured expressly around understanding and meeting the complex financial needs of our client families. We are a wealth management firm offering comprehensive financial planning, investment management and tax planning services. We’re a team of skilled, multidisciplinary financial advisors driven by an honest passion, deep experience, and an ongoing commitment to helping clients achieve life goals. We are proud of our unique culture supported by the diverse personality traits, skills and experience by each team member and are bound by the same core values: Insightful, Humble, Joyful, Friend, and Competitive.
We are seeking a qualified associate wealth advisor for our Dallas office location. The primary purpose of this position is to support the Wealth Advisors of Covenant through preparation of financial plans, tax projections, portfolio analysis, and general professional support. Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to attending prospect and client meetings, sales support including lead and prospect follow-up, preparing reports, etc.
- Interact with prospects and clients to gather data to be used in building financial plans, establishing client goals and client portfolio reviews.
- Recognize opportunities when building plans that may impact clients’ financial position and bring those ideas to the Wealth Advisor for discussion.
- Engage operations team to respond timely to client requests, particularly account maintenance and cashiering needs.
- As appropriate, delegate action items to other team members and oversee their completion.
- Participate in periodic client events and meetings.
- Organize and compile relevant client information in our planning, CRM, and record retention systems.
- Prepare financial plans that are accurate, clear, timely, comprehensive, and delivery ready.
- Participate in and recommend suggestions for continuous improvement in the planning and investment process.
- Stay up-to date on financial industry knowledge.
- Stay current on changes to operational process and procedures, both internally and with our custodial and administrative relationships.
- Live the firm’s core values.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Promote good working relationships among team members.
- Prioritize time well while managing multiple responsibilities and supporting several team members.
- Actively participate in training and development curriculum to continually improve financial planning and knowledge base.
- Possess an innate desire for continuous improvement in all tasks undertaken.
- Knowledge of financial markets and securities laws
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Tools – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of individual, partnership, and/or trust tax law
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across departments
- Demonstrated analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- 1-3 years of experience in the financial service industry
- Bachelor's degree required - Accounting or Finance preferred
- Series 65 is required within six months of hire. CFP, or similar designation, is required within two years of hire.
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Life/AD&D Disability
- Health Savings Account
- Traditional/Roth 401(k)
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Wellness & Counseling Programs
- ...and more
Recognitions & Awards
Covenant and our team members are active participants in a wide variety of community organizations and activities. Covenant has been recognized with the Corporate Philanthropy & Nonprofit Award by the San Antonio Business Journal, as Top RIA by Financial Advisor Magazine, Best Places to Work by San Antonio Business Journal, Top Wealth Manager in Dallas by Dallas Magazine, America’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors - No. 14 in Texas by Barron’s, and more! To see a complete list, visit www.covenantmfo.com.
Please submit resumes with cover letter to email@example.com.