Back to Careers
Tax Specialist Associate
Covenant Multifamily Offices is a leading privately held financial advisory firm with offices in San Antonio, Dallas, and Oklahoma City. With over $1.5 billion in assets for over 340 clients, we serve high net worth individuals and families. Covenant was founded, built and structured expressly around understanding and meeting the complex financial needs of our client families. We are a wealth management firm offering comprehensive financial planning, investment management and tax planning services. We’re a team of skilled, multidisciplinary financial advisors driven by an honest passion, deep experience, and an ongoing commitment to helping clients achieve life goals. We are proud of our unique culture supported by the diverse personality traits, skills and experience by each team member and are bound by the same core values: Insightful, Humble, Joyful, Friend, and Competitive.
We are seeking a qualified tax specialist associate for our San Antonio office. This position is responsible for the preparation of Income Tax Returns including 1040s, 1041s, 1065s, 990-PFs, 706s, and 709s along with related state returns. The tax associate will also assist with quarterly and monthly bookkeeping and related services.
- Interact with clients to gather data needed to complete returns.
- Recognize opportunities when preparing returns that may impact client’s tax position and bring those ideas to the Wealth or Investment Advisor for discussion.
- Assist with planning ideas that incorporate estimated tax planning, and other administrative tax services.
- Bookkeeping and related services for appropriate clients.
- Possess up-to-date tax knowledge.
- Use accurate logic and analysis when considering appropriate range of issues or factors.
- Prepare tax returns that are accurate, clear, comprehensive, and delivery ready.
- Participate in and recommend suggestions for continuous improvement in tax compliance.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Promote good working relationships among team members.
- Prioritize time well and handle multiple demands and completing priorities.
- Actively participate in training and development curriculum to continually improve tax skills and knowledge base.
- Possess an innate desire for continuous improvement in all tasks undertaken.
- Demonstrated history of tax compliance experience
- Strong and/or detailed knowledge of individual, partnership, and/or trust tax law
- Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across departments
- Attention to detail
- Minimum 1 – 5 years preparation of tax returns
- Bachelor’s degree required - Accounting or Finance preferred
- CPA not required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus
- Practical experience with tax preparation software and tax planning software
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Life/AD&D Disability
- Health Savings Account
- Traditional/Roth 401(k)
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Wellness & Counseling Programs
- ...and more
Recognitions & Awards
Covenant and our team members are active participants in a wide variety of community organizations and activities. Covenant has been recognized for the Corporate Philanthropy & Nonprofit Award by the San Antonio Business Journal, as Top RIA by Financial Advisor Magazine, Best Places to Work by San Antonio Business Journal, Top Wealth Manager in Dallas by Dallas Magazine, America’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors - No. 14 in Texas by Barron’s, and more! Visit our News & Events page to see a complete list.
Please submit resumes with cover letter to email@example.com.